Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Sun-shiny

Fact of the day: My favourite colour is orange.

Second fact of the day: Nice orange yarn is near-on impossible to find in NZ.

The solution to this problem?

A ball of cream yarn, some food colouring and a bit of bravery.

I dyed my own wool! It was a really fun process, not to mention easy and safe. I used this tutorial, I wasn't expecting fantastic results, it just seemed too easy, but the yarn speaks for itself:

photo (7)

It's actually more orange than red, but the colour saturation is something to be marveled at. I apologise for the slightly odd quality of the photo, winter's set in and finding decent light for photos is getting harder. I also forgot to take a picture of it in it's skein-y glory before Ma whipped up these neat dino spikes.

I've also used it in an owl hat that I'll post when it's finished, and there's still some left over. One thing's for certain, this sun-shiny yarn is brightening up my dull winter days.

No comments:

Post a Comment