Thursday, June 28, 2012

Cushions + A Stash Bag

IMG_0521
I'm on a bit of a cushion kick at the moment. They're quick, fun and you can do a whole heap with them, plus they're an easy way to decorate.

This latest edition is my first attempt at sashiko, which I really enjoyed doing, not to mention how much I love the result!

IMG_0523
I put this one together with an invisible zip instead of an envelope back, partially to try something new, partially as an excuse to buy an invisible zipper foot. They are very worth having, I'm never going back to regular zips again!

IMG_0519

Best of all, the cushion looks great on my bed out in the casa with the cushion I made last week.

IMG_0526

Speaking of that cushion, I loved the fabric so much I had to make something else out of it. I have my big peacock project/stash bag in the dining room, where I do most of my crochet, but I needed a little one out in the casa for projects that get taken out there.

IMG_0527

I figured out the construction myself, and it's lined with plain Prima Homespun, mostly so I can see my things easier!

IMG_0528

Best of all, it gives me somewhere to keep my new set of crochet hooks!

No comments:

Post a Comment