Sunday, March 3, 2013

Selfish Knitting + A New Addition

For the last couple of weeks I've been working mainly on test knits, which I really enjoy, but last night I decided I wanted to do some selfish knitting. Something just for me, preferably thoroughly enjoyable and using something luxurious. My Hitchhiker was born. the merino silk yarn, and the simple, but not mindless pattern are perfect.


I didn't get a whole lot of knitting done yesterday though, because I was slightly distracted by something:

Her name is Kara

Yes indeedy, I got my first wheel. I took my Alomst-Grandmother, who is a wealth of spinning knowledge, along to a second hand dealers where I'd seen Kara weeks before, she was still there, and after an hour or so of set up, she was pronounced a good first wheel, which was lucky since I'd already fallen in love. I got her for a song, and with some blue fleece from Peg, I started the long journey that is learning to spin.


I've already got two bobbins full, and no fleece left, and while the first bobbin (above) mostly looks like fluff, the outermost singles on the last bobbin are identifiably that, singles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment